Sunday, January 15, 2006

RTFM??

No RTFM, not for my new blogger pals!

I will share the "secret" with you, passed on to me by fellow blogger Christina (see post below) that I will quote:

"I really only know how to change the photos for my template - where there was a photo already - don't know if it would work for the other ones.

1) choose a picture (your own or stolen from somewhere on the web - watch out for copyright issues) and cut out the part you want. The size that fits in my header was 800 x 133 pixels. Upload that to your blog and copy the HTML

2) Go into your Blogger template and find the part marked "header" and replace whatever's in there (mine was a link to a photo, I guess, originally something blurry and green with leaves) and replace that with the HTML for your picture."

And I guess this was the most relevant hint for me:

"I have another "test blog" with the same template as this one that I use to upload pictures to see how they'll look or fool around with the header or colours and stuff. Just click "create a new blog" in your Blogger settings and don't list it in your profile. You can experiment to your heart's content and it doesn't matter if you wreck it!"

Thanks again for your help, Christina. I will be experiment more myself in my test blog and will let you all know if I find out something new.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Christina and CS - I figured that out. But unfortunately since I'm running on css and a different template, it looks like I'm not going to be able to do that just yet. When I try it comes out in words or nothing at all... Oh well... I can still admire your sites. :)

CanadianSwiss said...

Can't you at least make a test file/blog out of it and try things out?? Hope you find a way, and thanks for admiring. But hey- how about just creating a new blogspotand linking the old to the new??