Sunday, July 29, 2007
I’m not tagging anyone, but feel free to use it.
1. How many keys are on your keychain?
2. What curse word do you use the most?
Probably the "F" word, but it always depends on the mood I’m in and where I am. I change languages.
3. Do you own an iPod?
Yes, but sometime I just find it too heavy to carry around.4. What time is your alarm clock set for? 6:30 a.m.
5. How many suitcases do you own?
OMG! I think between the two of us, we must have like 6 or 7.
6. Do you wear flip–flops even when it’s cold outside?
No. The thingy between the toes drives me nuts.
7. Where do you buy your groceries from?
Generally, from one of our two local supermarkets (Coop and Migros), or then a specialty grocery store.
8. Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?
Both. It doesn’t really matter to me.
9. What was the last movie you watched?
Hmmm. I think it was Basic Instincts II
10. Do any of your friends have children?
I’d say it’s about 50/50.
11. If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would buy?
Two plane tickets back home and a house.
12. Has anyone ever called you lazy?
Except for myself, I don’t think so.
13. Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep faster?
Nope. I don’t like pills in general. I’ve seen what addiction can do to a close friend of the family. It terrifies me.
14. What CD is currently in your CD player?
15. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk?
Chocolate milk and only one kind: Chocomel! To my knowledge, you can only get it in Holland (and Belgium, maybe), so we always stock up when we’re there. It’s the creamiest, most delicious chocolate milk I know.
16. Has anyone told you a secret this week?
17. When was the last time someone hit on you?
Oye!!! Does O-X count?? If so, then this week ;)
18. What did you have for dinner?
Let’s see… We had Paolo and Markus over for dinner. We had bread with an olive pesto, we grilled a filet of pork, 2 lamb racks and shrimps, and then a nice desert (layers of berries and vodka-mascarpone cream)
19. Do you wear hoodies often?
20. Can you whistle?
Yes, and I do it very regularly. I often catch myself whistling a tune in the tram or during work. Believe it or not, I can even whistle and smile at the same time.
21. Have you ever participated in a protest?
Not to my knowledge.
22. Who was the last person to call you?
23. What is your favorite ride at an amusement park?
Rollaaaaa-coastaaaaaa! And the wilder, the better. But believe it or not, a carrousel will make me throw-up.
24. Do you think people talk about you behind your back?
25. What area code are you in right now?
26. Did you watch cartoons as a child?
You bet. I was up at 6am (!!) every Saturday to watch the cartoons. Funny. Today, I’m more of a night person.
27. How big is your local mall?
Mall? You gotta be kiddin’. This is Switzerland, remember?
28. How many siblings do you have?
An older brother.
29. Are you shy around the opposite sex?
Nope. Actually, I generally feel more at ease with men.
30. What is your biggest regret?
I don’t think I have many regrets, if at all. Everything happens for a reason, right?
31. When was the last time you laughed so hard your sides hurt?
Last weekend while visiting friends in Germany.
32. What movie do you know every line to?
Don’t laugh. Disney’s “The Jungle Book”.
33. Do you own any band t–shirts?
34. When was your last plane ride?
June 22, 2007 to Amsterdam.
35. How many chairs are at your dining room table?
36. Do you read for fun?
Not as much as I’d like to.
37. Can you speak any languages other than English?
German and French, and a little bit of Italian.
38. Do you do your own dishes?
Mostly pots and pans, and large plates that don’t fit in the dishwasher.
39. What color is your bedroom painted?
40. Have you ever cried in public?
Not very often.
41. Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop?
Both. The laptops are what we both use most, though.
42. Which do you make: wishes or plans?
Both wishes and plans. You need one to make the other, right?
43. Are you always trying to learn new things?
Every chance I get.
44. Do you shower on a daily basis?
Not always, sometimes I take a bath instead ;)
45. Are you currently wanting any piercing or tattoos?
I’ve been thinking of a belly button piercing, but I AM getting older.
46. Do you believe that the guy should pay on the first date?
Not necessarily. It depends who invites.
47. Can you skip rocks?
You bet I can.
48. Have you ever been to Jamaica?
49. What to snack on at the movie theaters?
Popcorn, of course, and a coke.
50. Who was your favorite teacher?
My French teacher in high-school, Mr LaPalme
51. Have you ever dated someone out of your race?
If OX counts having Indonesian roots, I guess so. And if not, I would never have a problem with it.
52. What is the weather like?
Cloudy, with sunny breaks.
53. Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos?
No, thank you.
54. Do you have an online journal?
You're on it!
55. What was your favorite class in high school?
Languages (French and English) and Gym.
56. Do you enjoy traveling via airplanes?
57. What personality trait is a must–have in your preferred gender?
Respect and compassion.
58. Have you ever been attracted to someone physically unattractive?
Sure. Love is blind, they say.
59. When was the last time you slept on the floor?
December 30th, 2006 in a cottage in Canada
60. What is your favorite alcoholic drink?
Champagne/bubbly and red wine.
61. Does your closest Starbucks have a drive–thru?
We have Starbucks, but no drive-thru… unless you want to get into trouble.
62. Do you like your living arrangement?
Yes, but I’d like a stand-alone house.
63. What is your mother’s hometown?
She was born in Thurso, Quebec, but was raised in Montebello, Que.
64. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
I can function on very little, but I do way better with 8.
65. Do you eat breakfast daily?
Never. I need about 2-3 hours before I can “really” eat. But isn’t coffee breakfast?
66. What was the last thing to scare you?
I can’t think of anything right now.
67. Are your days full and fast–paced?
No, but our weekends usually are.
68. Did you ever get in trouble for talking in class?
69. What is your favorite fruit?
Berries of all kinds and cherries.
70. Do you pay attention to calories on the back of packages?
71. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
72. Are you picky about spelling and grammar?
Yes, although I tend to make typos.
73. Do you believe in life on other planets?
Sure, why should we be the only ones?
74. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
No, but I’d like to.
75. Who was the last person to piss you off?
Paolo in a discussion we had yesterday. But it’s okay now.
76. Do you believe that God has a gender?
I’ll skip this one if you don’t mind.
77. What was the last thing you ate?
78. Do you get along better with the same or opposite sex?
Generally, I get along better with men.
79. What did you dress up as for your first Halloween?
I think I was dressed as a rabbit.
80. How did your parents pick your name?
I know that they chose names (both for my brother and me) that would be easy to pronounce in different languages. Plus, I just learned that my middle name was picked after the Canadian alpine skier, Nancy Greene.
81. Do you like mustard?
Sure, but only to certain things.
82. What do you tell yourself when times get hard?
You can’t escape it. If you try, it will most likely backfire on you. Go through it.
83. Would you ever sky dive?
I'm not sure, but if I had to choose between bungee jumping and sky diving, I’d go for the latter.
84. Do you sleep on your side, tummy, or back?
Mostly on my side.
85. What character from a movie most reminds you of yourself?
I wouldn’t know. Any suggestions??
86. Have you ever bid for something on ebay?
87. Do you enjoy giving hugs?
88. Would you consider yourself to be fashionable?
Yes, but only if it fits my style and personality.
89. Do you own a digital camera?
90. If someone you had no interest in dating expressed interest in dating you, how would you feel?
91. What celebrities have you been compared to?
I don’t think I ever have been compared to any celebrities.
92. Who is your favorite Star Wars character?
93. Does it annoy you when someone says they’ll call but never do?
Yes, but it's no big deal.
94. What books, if any, have made you cry?
Can't think of one specific one right now.
95. Do you think you’re attractive?
96. What are you allergic to?
I only know of nickel.
97. Are you a jealous person?
98. What’s your opinion on sex without emotional commitment?
If both parties agree and can really carry it out that way, why not?
99. Do you ever feel guilty after eating meat?
Never. And now, I'm hungry for Canadian beef.
100. If you were born the opposite sex, what would your name have been?
According to my Mom, she was so sure that I'd be a girl, that she never even gave a boy's name a though.
101. Is it lunch time yet?
Past lunch and going towards dinner time.
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Selina signing her diploma:
Signed, sealed, delivered. Is that a happy girl, or what?
After that, O-X and I are planning a week just the two of us in the first or second week of September. But where?? Turkey, Spain, Portugal?? We’ll see, but we know we both need to spend time away with each other alone.
Friday, July 06, 2007
|You scored as Accounting/Finance/Marketing, You should strongly |
consider majoring (or minoring) in Accounting, Finance,
Economics, Marketing, or related majors (e.g., Computer/
Management Information Systems (CIS or MIS), Entrepreneurship,
International Business, Operations Management, Public
Administration, Real Estate, Risk Management, Sports Management).
It is possible that the best major for you is your 1st, 3rd,
or even 5th listed category, so be sure to consider ALL majors
in your OTHER high scoring categories (below). You may score
high in a category you didnt think you would--it is possible
that a great major for you is something you once dismissed as
not for you. The right major for you will be something 1) you
love and enjoy and 2) are really great at it.
It also clearly confirms my least interest by far. It's quite amazing!