Sunday, December 11, 2005

An unusual Christmas present

Last October, Mr. Orange-X and I needed to be at an exhibition in Düsseldorf, Germany for a week or so. Our usual cat sitter being on holidays during that period, we had to find another solution. So I asked a work colleague and friend of ours if she would like to keep our undersized "panther" for a week. I know she has cat allergies, but she just lo-o-o-o-oves these furry little critters and has been wanting to "test" her allergic reactions after not having had any pets in the last few years. Unfortunately, Berit had planned to go on holidays with her 8 year old daughter, Meret. Oh gosh! What do we do now?!! We started looking for other solutions, but time was not on our side! Ok, we did start asking late.

Then, about two weeks before the exhibition, Berit called me at work to tell me the "good" news. She broke her foot while jogging! Now, who ever said that sport was heathy?! Anyway, to make a long story short, she gladly took Dale for that week and believe it or not, Meret wasn't that unhappy about not going on holidays. She had a cat! All went pretty well except for Berit's bronchial attacks after 3-4 days with Dale. She used her pump a lot, but was very sad when we came to pick Dale up. Meret was emotionally more affected and her wish was to find a whisker (???). Yup. That's 8 year old kids for you. Cats don't loose whiskers like they shed -thank goodness! And guess what... Last week, Mr. Orange-X found one while cleaning.

So... Meret: I am going to make you a special"Dale" Christmas card, with his signature and in there, you will have a personal Christmas present from Dale: A whisker.

I can't wait for her reaction! Maybe I'll use this picture...

3 comments:

christina said...

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. And for the 'get well' recipe!

What a beautiful cat. I too suffer from cat allergies so only virtual cats for me.

Unknown said...

Ah - such a cute story. How odd about your cat shedding a whisker. I always loved playing with our dogs whiskers. I laugh and try not to be mean because it does bother them a lot. It's just a cute thing.

CanadianSwiss said...

Well,that little girl took a picture of Dale while she was cat-sitting and it's still hanging over her bed. I just had to do something.