Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Post-Christmas Post

I hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas and had the opportunity to enjoy the company of family and/or friends.

Mr. Orange-X, Dale and I spent a quiet Christmas Eve just the three of us, watched a few movies - the cat slept through most of them - unwrapped our gifts and enjoyed the peace around us.


Dale was actually too lazy to play with the ribbons. We tried to make him play, but he kind of looked at us as if he were saying:"Your kiddin' me, aren't you? Okay, just because it's Christmas, I'll swing my paw here and there and maybe nibble a bit on the shiny ribbon, but there's no way I'm getting off my chair!" He looks a bit shocked that we mistook him for a Christmas tree, doesn't he? At least he let us take a picture.

We went to bed at a reasonable hour and slept until 10:30 am. We knew that we would probably need the sleep.

On Christmas day, we invited Ingo and Silvia, a couple of friends, over to dinner. Ingo works for the same company I do. He moved to the south of Germany little over a year ago and his wife still lives in the north of Germany. I spent the afternoon making the preparations for dinner while Orange-X cleaned up a bit, ironed table cloth and napkins - yes, he can iron! - and decorated the table with great care. I think he did quite a nice job.

Once they arrived, the party began. We had a really great time and I was glad that I had told Ingo to bring their toothbrushes - just in case it would get "too late". After a few beers, wine and a couple of single malts with the coffee, we realized that it had gotten "too late" and Silvia put a quite "marinated" Ingo to bed. I couldn't believe it: It was already 7:15 am!! So, Mr. Orange and I cleaned up and hit the sack as well. We woke up four hours later and prepared a light breakfast in order to soak up any superfluous alcohol that might not yet have reached the blood vessels and calm certain over-irritated stomachs. Silvia and Ingo left shortly after breakfast and a some strong coffee and/or tee. Orange and I just dropped on the sofa and decided that we weren't up for any further activities. We spent the rest of the afternoon at home doing "absolutely naaah-thing"!

In the evening, we decided to try out Orange's newly received Christmas webcam with our best friends in Canada, Christiane and Robert. It took Robert some time to adjust sound and image, but we got it working and chatted for an hour or so. It was so good to actually see them again. I really miss them. Funny we never thought of doing this. We had so much fun that we promised to use this great communication form on a regular basis.

Gotta go. I have some washing to do and packing for our trip to Vienna tomorrow.

2 comments:

Mark said...

My God, he looks so sad! Hope this doesn't cause a "save the animals from X-Mas" hype in Switzerland. Just want to assure all readers that Dale is taken well care off and leads a happy life with us.

The Big Finn said...

Have a great time in Vienna - we left the lights on for ya!