Monday, October 22, 2007

Pssst... It's me... Dale, the cat!

Hey! Pssst! Over here…









scroll down….





















Keep scrolling…



























Lower…












Almost there....






Yeah, here.

It’s me… Capt’n Dale, in disguise. Well, not really. Just call me Dale. I’ve hung up my Captain’s hat. I guess I’m just getting too old for this dress-up stuff. Not too mention that the parrot got on my nerves!


Do you know what’s coming up in the next few days?? Birthdays AND my favourite holiday, but I’ll get back to that in a post later this week.


First of all, I’m sorry I haven’t posted lately, but CS keeps closing the lid on her laptop, and I just can’t open the darn thing. I’ve broken too many nails already. Note to self: find tool to crack open CS’s laptop. Thank goodness, she forgot to close it this morning. It was about time! Today’s Sunday, by the way and I set up the time for posting.

So first, a bit about moi. I’ve been having slight health problems lately. Nothing really serious, but it started shortly after CS and OX came back from Austria :a slight bladder infection.

One evening, I felt feverish and when I came to bed, CS stroked my head and said: “OX, we have to keep an eye on Dale. His ears are really hot, he didn't eat that well - now THAT is a sign - and he seems to look for affection a lot more that usual. Something's wrong.” Well of course, I didn't feel well. I can’t talk! I have to show it in some way!

So, the next morning, I was really in pain and walked all the way up to their bedroom where CS was getting dressed and ready for work. I came up the stairs, step by step, meowed as loud as I could, and made it sound like a cry (actually, I was a crying! My belly hurt so much, and it burned like fire!) CS looked at me in shock and asked me what was wrong. All I could do was to look for a safe place (a yellow bag that had fallen to the floor), crouch and press out 3-4 drops of bloody urine.

CS and OX immediately called the Doc and drove there directly. I didn’t even fight against being put in my carry box! Can you believe it? I was afraid, but I managed. Once there, the Doc stuck the thermometer right up there (you know where!). I was in pain, darnit! Hisssss! Why didn’t he just feel my ears, like CS did?!!?! Anyway, I got away with a few shots (which I HATE!), but all went well. At least, I wasn’t alone when I got home. Ma and Pa were there for me – even though I slept all day. They’re so sweet! Must have been the meds, that made me so sleepy.

Once that problem was solved – as well as 3 more visits to the Vets AND 3 more series of shots - my bowel started acting up (darned Meds!!). I’m not going into details here, but it took me over 3 weeks of “on and off tout de suite” and a couple of “Ooops. I missed the litter box only by an inch or two”, to finally get over it with (more) meds and a bit of fasting. However, I must say that diarrhea can be quite creative. Look at what I did!


Well, yes. I know it’s kinda gross for you humans, but for me, it’s just nature. Bet you can’t do that! I hope I’m not offending anyone with my creative “crap”, but it was the best I could do, considering the circumstances. And I think it's pretty good. Even CS and OX were impressed! Otherwise, just call it Cat-Art. I like to call it: "The natural spoon".


Anyway, I'm back to my gluttony and no more "pudding" in the litter box, so all is well. Will you be back on Wednesday? I've prepared a post for my loved ones. Purrr....prrrrr.

7 comments:

The Big Bear said...

Hi Dale, how could somebody doubt that this is highly developed Cat-Art? Considering that you have been so creative to produce a spoon despite the fact that you have been so ill, this is even worth being exhibited! You know, human beings often create much less creative things when they are having the same health problems. What about letting this piece of art becoming dry and using it as a tool to open the notebook of CS and OX in the future?
- And pssst! Of course, I won't forget the birthdays... :-)

Haddock said...

Wow there has got to be a market out there for a cat that can crap kitchen utensils. Perhaps you could create your own kitchen range.
Dale I'm impressed big time! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. I hope the cat feels better now. Resting, after such creative crapping?

Dale the Cat said...

Big B: It's a great idea, but CS unfortunately decided that my Art had to go after she took the photo.

Geee. Thanks, Haddock! You might be right, but I'm not sure I wanna feel crappy long enough to do a service of eight! I wonder how difficult it is to do a fork.

Tina: I feel fine now, thanks. Maybe I can try being creative when I'm healthy :) By the way, who's that cute kitty I saw while CS was commenting on your blog?

Unknown said...

Hope you are feeling much better now and great to see you around.

Xmichra said...

lol.. well this was very creative!! Hope the kitty is feeling better :)

Ginnie Hart said...

Awwww. You poor thing. So sorry I didn't know about this before, Dale. I would have given you a lot of TLC. Hopefully you're better by now!!!