Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I believe I can sneeze

I have something really strange, but positive to tell you. I can sneeze again! See? I told you it was strange.

Not that I never sneezed before, but it was more like stopping it in the middle of the “explosion”. You know, like “Aattttttt..nnn….” I choked it and then back in the lungs it went. This can be quite painful, and there are some cases where people broke a rib. Amazing, isn’t it? That a lot of pressure you’re holding back, there! Anyway, about a month ago, I noticed that I sneezed out (don’t worry, I turn away from people and cover my mouth). It went kind of like this:

Me: “Hatschiii!... Excuse me.”

OrangeX: "Bless, you sweetheart."

Me: "Thanks." – Pause – "Hey! I sneezed! "

OrangeX: (Confused look on his face) "Yes, I know."

Me: "Nooooo! I mean I really sneezed!"

OrangeX: (even more confused look on his face) "Huh??"

Then I started thinking back and… Bingo! It occurred to me that a few weeks after I gave my resignation, I started sneezing normally again.

I’m not looking forward to the next case of flu, or anything like that, but it does feel nice. I sure hope that in time, my resignation will cure more of the current psychosomatic illnesses/states that have been living with the past couple of years.

I know it’s a small step, but for imagine how I’ll feel after a couple of weeks of real convalescence! WOW!

17 comments:

The Big Finn said...

Congratulations! What's next? Farting?

CanadianSwiss said...

I sure hope not, TBF. OrangeX is responsible for that and he might become jealous if I got better at it than him ;-)

Unknown said...

lol - leave it to TBF to come up with that one....

I guess less stress is needed sometimes... :)

Well I'm sure oyu will be enjoying the christmas markets too then!

Colon Blow said...

It's the little things in life that make a difference...Ahh CHOOO!

CanadianSwiss said...

ET- Yes, Christmas markets will start soon and we're both looking forward to it.

CB- Yes... and Bless you! :-)

Haddock said...

Congrats on sneezing again!

When I sneeze I tend to do it 10-15 times in a row which tends to freak out people a bit as they think I may have bird flu or something. Its ok to do at work or home, but on trains or planes its a right pain in the butt! :)

Ginnie Hart said...

OMG, CS. I have never heard of this. You would make a good case study for a doctor who would love to get his hands on this...if it's not already "out there."

I am SO HAPPY for you, counting down to "real convalescence!"

Bobby The C said...

CS- that is really something!! I have a thing where if I look at the sun the right way, I can make myself sneeze. I know other people can do this as well, but it has always amazed me!

CanadianSwiss said...

Haddock- LOL! Yes, it must make people quite insecure to hear you sneeze like that.

Ginnie- I'm definitely a good case study for any doctor. I sure didn't expect "the not being able to sneeze" as being phsychosomatic, but it seems so. Otherwise, it was one heck of a coincidence! I have been wanting to check the symptoms of stress and burn-outs though.

TMS- See, I'm one of the few where the sun doesn't make me sneeze. I could image that looking directly into the sun would make your eyes water, then that would trigger your nose to start running, therefore tickling the little hair and making you sneeze. Pretty cool, huh!

christina said...

Wow, maybe you're right, there could be something psychological behind that one. I can imagine how annoying not being able to sneeze would be. Mr M *always* sneezes 5 times in a row. Never fails.

CanadianSwiss said...

Chritina- BTW, my Mom always sneezes 3 times in a row. I wonder if there's a (psycho)logical explanation to that, too.

Unknown said...

P loves my sneezes. He says they are so cute...

Oh just zo you know.. your sig is on .ch instead of .com right now..

Anonymous said...

rofl.. indeed! all that pressure! llo.. and sneezing is GOOD for your body. It gets rid of toxins. so you need to be able to sneeze :)

merlinprincesse said...

Il paraît qu'éternuer c'est comme avoir un orgasme...Hheheh. Là, il y aurait un beau cas de transfert pour un Freud... :)

CanadianSwiss said...

ET- I wonder how that happened, but it's corrected now. :)

XM- See, and now I'm releasing all the toxins. Freedom for them and for me! ;-)

MP- Si c'est vrai, j'ai manqué des années de plaisir. Hehehe :)

Unknown said...

Aaaaaaaaah, éternuez loin!

Anonymous said...

I ALMOST NEVER CAN COMPLETE A SNEEZE. I GO AHH BUT THE CHOO DOES NOT COME. I ONLY SNEEZE NORMALLY MAYBE ONCE EVERY 6 WEEKS. I HAVE NO MEDICAL CONDITION CAUSING THIS PROBLEM BUT IT DRIVES ME CRAZY. IT HAS BEEN HAPPENING FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS. ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ? THERE IS ALMOST NO RESEARCH. THANKS.