Sunday, October 15, 2006

Good times and a crazy rant

What a week! I don't even know where to start, but I'll just tell you this much... working in marketing the week before the largest Rehab exhibition in Europe is in one word, STRESS. Everything that could have gone wrong, did. But we got most of it "fixed" - not without a few panic attacks and probably a huge ulcer growing half an inch in my stomach at every terror phase. So I've decided to skip the details on the latter - also for my sake - and fill you in on more fun news.

How about last Saturday. We were invited by Thomas, and his lovely girlfriend, Nicole, for dinner at an Australian restaurant nearby called the Boomerang. It's always tough to choose the main course there because everything is so good. Hmmm. Filet of Roo? Emu steak? A Town and country steak? Ahhh yes. Perfect. The town and country is about 180-200g (6.5-7 ounces) of beef filet wrapped in a nice strip of bacon and served with a baked potatoe and season veggies. I admit that it is NOT Canadian beef, but it's pretty damn good! I'll have to ask them where they get it from.

Anyway, we had a fun evening together and many, many good laughs.

I kown I'm a bit late with this post, but what the heck! I lookk forward to going back again, maybe with Mr. and Mrs. TBF? I know they've been wanting to try out this restaurant for a while now.

Orange-X was in Holland from Wednesday until Friday and it turned out to be a very special few days, but I'll let him write about that.

Today, we spent about four hours sticking racing stripes on an AC Cobra (yes, it belongs to R.) The front which I did with a colleague last week went pretty well, but the back end of the car is a hell! I've done this for the first time in my life, for goodness' sake! I think that I even invented new curse words!... No, I will not repeat them! Never, never again will I do this! I know... I'm a wreck right now. The thing is that the bum of the car (think 3D now) has - if you stand behind it- a vertical and a horizontal curve, which means that the 2 stripes that you are soooo trying to set straight on that stupid (sorry R.) car ass will end up coming together at the bottom of the boot/trunk no matter what you do. Not to mention having to demount the licence plate, the license plate lighting to get the f**ckin' tape under it. I'm lucky to have so much hair because I'm sure I ripped out about 10'000 of 'em. Yes! This car is coming with us to the exhibition. I've had it! Why am I the stupid idiot alway trying to help and make every one happy? I think I'll need therapy soon! Geezzz! GOD! I can't wait to be outta there! And I love the company for what it used to stand for and the founder of the company, R. (even if he drives me nut sometimes. Heheheh). Now, how coconut crazy is that? Sal, you're sane compared to me.

Pffff. Decompressing....Sorry, but I had to get it out of my system.

I'll be out at the RehaCare in Düsseldorf, Germany all week and won't be back until 2-3am on Sunday. And I doubt that I'll write anything on Sunday. Have a great week!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hope everything goes well! Yeah I know about decompressing lately...

Lovely report on Dinners... I miss doing that so much!

CanadianSwiss said...

Fab- It's the best!

ET- It's always extreme hectic just before such a big event. I'll feel better afterwards, I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

I am sure You did a great Job on the Cobra,I was actually looking forward to see a Photo of your Artistic work after all Your swear....ing.Have a pleasant week in Duesseldorf....Dad

Ginnie Hart said...

Yes, I agree with your dad. I think we need a pic of this car after all of that :) How can anyone be so cute when they're so mad! CS, you take the cake. (Such a great pic of you and O-X, btw.)

Mark said...

D.A.D. - pictures will be up after our return from DüDo. It does look great. CS did a good job; both in getting the stripes on and swearing at the same time...

CanadianSwiss said...

Dad- I will be posting photos of the cobra, don't worry. Düdo is tough this year, but I'll manage.

Ginnie- I was definitely not cute at that moment. I like that pict, too. :-)

OX- Heeheheh. xxx