Looking back, I must admit that the whole year was very hectic and when we did have a break/a weekend with no plans, we used the time for us. Sounds a bit selfish, but we needed it. I have however been following your blogs, eventhough the comments were sometimes sparse.
So let me pick up where we left off. We left for Canada two days after Pa's incineration, which means that the service was held on the Friday, we drove back to Basel on the Saturday and flew from Zürich on the Sunday.
We had a fantastic time there with family and friends. A few highlights in Canada there were:
- a lovely evening with Christine (my ex-sister in law), Bernard and my adorable niece, Camille,
- an unforgetable evening at Roxane and François',
- some golf for Orange-X,
- our family (mother's side) Summer Christmas Party held at Rachel's,
- a day in Ottawa and meeting up with blogger Jay from "Kill the Goat"
- Orange-X's short tour of the ER of our local hospital,
- dinner with Christiane, Robert, Sonya and Christian
- a day at lake Craig with a bunch of close friends
Anyhow... Canada was not the only activity we had this year! We drove to Amsterdam a few times and took Ma back with us to Basel twice, we both quit smoking (yes, you read that right!), bought new bikes, we organized a grill party to thank O-X's work colleagues for good results is the first half year, Orange-X spent a weekend in hospital in following an allergy to antibiotics (this one really worth a post of its own as it all started in Canada!), had O'x's daugthter and her Mom over for a weekend in Basel, bought an elliptical trainer and spent last weekend with Pinki and Andrea in Bad Fischau/Wiener-Neustadt, Austria. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things, too.
This week, I've been stuck at home with the flu and I'm finally starting to feel better. It's about time! BTW, I'm not adding any pictures to this entry, because it would simply be too much and probably confusing, too.